Is there a type of title insurance that protects my interest in the property?

Updated March 13, 2023.

Yes. There is a type of title insurance that protects a buyer’s/owner’s interest in the property. This is called an “owner’s” or “fee” policy. The word “fee” is a legal term referring to the nature of ownership of the property, not to the cost of the policy. A fee policy insures the owner from financial loss if a problem is discovered in the future with respect to the ownership of the property.


Read our latest news and blogs that discuss important legal issues.

personal injury claim form
What Mistakes Should I Avoid When Filing a Personal Injury Claim?
Read More
distracted driving
How Dangerous is Distracted Driving?
Read More
What is Mesothelioma?
Read More

Get in touch

Please do not provide any sensitive information (i.e. bank account information or social security number).

"*" indicates required fields

Why Choose Lacy Katzen

Our mission is to ethically serve our clients with excellence and teamwork each day.

Over 73 Years of Experience
Nine Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America®
Ranked by Best Lawyers as a Best Law Firm®
Six Attorneys Named as Super Lawyers
One Attorney is a Fellow at the American College of Trial Lawyers

Accessibility Toolbar