Craig R. Welch
PARTNER AND CHAIR OF THE CORPORATE BUSINESS AND BANKING LAW PRACTICE GROUP
BUSINESS AND BANKING ATTORNEY
Craig Welch is Chair of our Corporate, Business and Banking Law Practice Group. He has been practicing law for more than 38 years, and represents clients who have diverse legal needs that typically involve issues from a variety of practice areas. In representing his clients, Craig is able to provide his business and individual clients with a high level of counseling due to his extensive experience in so many areas of the law. He is also the resident attorney at our Canandaigua office.
Real Estate and Related Services
Craig is experienced in handling and advising clients in all aspects of real estate, real estate development and related transactions, whether it is residential or commercial, on behalf of individuals and businesses.
- Commercial and Residential purchase, sale and refinancing transactions
- Contract Preparation
- Homeowners Associations, CPS-7, and other filings with the NY Attorney General
- Lease Agreements
- Zoning and Planning
- Subdivision and Land Development
Wills, Estates and Personal Planning
In representing individuals and business owners, Craig represents clients in developing a comprehensive estate plan, meeting the needs and objectives of the clients.
- Wills, trusts, succession planning
- Powers of Attorneys
- Health Care Proxies and Living Wills
- Revocable and Irrevocable Trusts
- Standby Guardianships
- Estate Probate and Administration
- Elder Law and Medicaid Issues
Other Legal Services
Craig’s familiarity with the legal issues in other areas of law helps him counsel clients when they are affected by other areas of law:
- Corporate and Business Law
- Civil Litigation (including personal injury matters)
- Debt Collection
- Municipal Law
- General Legal Counsel
- Criminal Law
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Member of the Ontario County Bar
- Member of the New York State Bar Association
- Finger Lakes Community College Foundation – former chair of the Board of Directors
- Dennis Morga Memorial Fund – Board of Directors
- University of Puget Sound (now Seattle University) (J.D., 1979)
- St. Lawrence University (B.A., 1976)
- New York State Bar
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
ABOUT Craig R. Welch
Craig resides in the Town of Mendon with his wife and his three children (when they are home). He enjoys his family, all sports, the family cottage in Canada and the practice of law!
Craig has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America since 2017. See the Super Lawyers website and the Best Lawyers website for a description of the selection methodology. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.