As with any urban setting, in Rochester, the mix of bicycles and vehicular traffic can sometimes lead to accidents. Bicycle accidents can result in serious injuries, and understanding the causes, pertinent laws, and means of compensation is crucial for anyone who takes to the roads on two wheels. If you’ve been injured as a cyclist, please don’t hesitate to contact a seasoned Rochester bicycle accident lawyer from Lacy Katzen LLP today.
Bicycle Accident Lawyer | Representing Injured Cyclists in Rochester
Cycling is a healthy, eco-friendly, and cost-effective means of transportation. Unfortunately, cyclists are more vulnerable than all others on the road, save for motorcyclists and pedestrians. If you’ve sustained an injury in a bicycle accident, a Rochester personal injury lawyer here at Lacy Katzen LLP is here to fight for the full and fair compensation to which you are entitled.
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents
While there are myriad factors that can contribute to a bicycle accident, certain causes stand out as more prevalent. They are as follows:
- Right of Way Violations: Intersections can be danger zones. Motorists often fail to yield the right of way to cyclists, leading to collisions.
- Dooring: Unique to urban settings like Rochester, ‘dooring’ happens when a parked car’s door is suddenly opened into a cyclist’s path, causing a collision.
- Distracted Driving: In our digital age, drivers using phones or other electronic devices often don’t notice cyclists until it’s too late.
- Poor Road Conditions: Potholes, uneven pavement, or lack of proper cycling lanes can lead to accidents.
- Blind Spots: Larger vehicles, like trucks or buses, might not spot a cyclist when making turns, leading to tragic accidents.
Seeking Compensation after a Bicycle Accident Injury
In the unfortunate event of a bicycle accident, you may be eligible to recover compensation for your injuries, as long as you can prove that you were hurt due to another party’s negligence. Steps to ensure you protect your rights include:
- Seek Medical Attention: Seek immediate medical attention, even if the injuries appear minor. Documenting your injuries early on can be crucial for any future legal case.
- Gather Evidence: Take photographs of the accident scene, your damaged bicycle, any vehicle involved, and your injuries. Also, gather contact details of witnesses and involved parties.
- Report the Accident to Law Enforcement: If a motor vehicle is involved, ensure a police report is filed.
- Engage an Attorney: Reach out to a seasoned bicycle accident lawyer. An attorney can guide you on the best course of action, ensuring that you are fairly compensated for medical bills, lost wages, and any other related damages.
Contact a Bicycle Accident Lawyer Today
The bottom line is that If you’ve been hurt as a cyclist due to no fault of your own, Lacy Katzen LLP is here to help. Contact a bicycle accident lawyer from our firm for a free initial consultation today.