Nancy a. Mckinley
PARTNER AND CHAIR OF THE TRUSTS & ESTATES PLANNING AND ADMINISTRATION PRACTICE GROUP
TRUST AND ESTATE ADMINISTRATION
Nancy works with Executors, Administrators and Trustees to settle a decedent’s estate or trust which involves navigating through the process of probating a decedent’s will, applying for letters of administration in the event the decedent had no will, and guiding the client in administering and settling a decedent’s estate or trust.
ELDER LAW PLANNING
Nancy works with families when a loved one can no longer live on their own and must be placed in assisted living or a nursing home. She can assist the client in developing a plan for long term care, evaluating the best community for placement, applying to an assisted living facility or nursing home, and navigating through the Medicaid application process. Nancy also works with clients to develop a Medicaid plan to preserve assets if nursing home care is required.
Nancy has conducted many seminars on Elder Law issues with a focus on asset preservation in the event of nursing home admission, applying for Medicaid and transition planning from home to senior living, assisted living and nursing home care as we age.
TRUSTS AND ESTATE SERVICES
Nancy works with clients to resolve a wide range of problems involving: tax planning, charitable giving, preservation of assets in the event of nursing home admission, planning for clients with loved ones with special needs, working with clients in a second marriage, the need for powers of attorney and health care proxies.
Nancy has conducted many trust and estate planning seminars, including the use of Revocable and Irrevocable Living Trusts, Supplemental Needs Trusts, Testamentary Trusts, Charitable Remainder Trusts, Asset Protection Trusts, Wills, Powers of Attorney, and Health Care Proxies.
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY AFFILIATIONS
- Member of the New York State Bar Association
- Member of the New York State Bar Association’s Trusts and Estates Law Section, Elder Law Section, and Real Property Law Section
- Member of the Monroe County Bar Association
- Member of the Monroe County Bar Association’s, Trusts and Estates Section and Real Estate Section
- Member of the Estate Planning Council of Rochester, Inc.
- Past Secretary of Shepherd Home of Penfield
- Past President of Rochester Education Foundation
- Past President of The Monroe County Bar Association’s Lawyers for Learning Committee
- State University of New York at Buffalo (J.D., 1997)
- D’Youville College (B.S., Cum Laude, 1990)