What can I do if my spouse fails to meet his/her obligations under our divorce?

Updated March 13, 2023.

A Judgment of Divorce is a court order. The failure to meet the obligations under a Judgment of Divorce is a violation of that court order and, consequently, an application can be made to the court, seeking further judicial assistance in enforcing the terms of the order. (See the “Post Divorce Enforcement and Modifications” page under the Family Law practice area).


Read our latest news and blogs that discuss important legal issues.

Foam linked to cancer
Chemicals in Firefighting Foam Linked to Cancer
Read More
person writing with a pen on a table next to a calculator
Understanding New York State and Federal Estate Taxes: Be Aware of the Potential 2026 Cliff
Read More

Get in touch

Please do not provide any sensitive information (i.e. bank account information or social security number).

"*" indicates required fields

Why Choose Lacy Katzen

Our mission is to ethically serve our clients with excellence and teamwork each day.

Over 73 Years of Experience
Nine Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America®
Ranked by Best Lawyers as a Best Law Firm®
Six Attorneys Named as Super Lawyers
One Attorney is a Fellow at the American College of Trial Lawyers

Accessibility Toolbar