What if I lose my job and can’t pay my child support?

Updated March 13, 2023.

Child support can be modified upon a showing of a substantial change of circumstances. It is also reviewable every three years and upon a 15% or greater change in gross income, but may be reviewed more or less often upon mutual agreement. (See the “Post Divorce Enforcement and Modifications” page under the Family Law practice area).


Read our latest news and blogs that discuss important legal issues.

person writing with a pen on a table next to a calculator
Federal Estate Tax Change Scheduled for January 1, 2026. Be Aware of the New York State Tax “Cliff”.
Read More
Foam linked to cancer
Chemicals in Firefighting Foam Linked to Cancer
Read More

Get in touch

Please do not provide any sensitive information (i.e. bank account information or social security number).

"*" indicates required fields

Why Choose Lacy Katzen

Our mission is to ethically serve our clients with excellence and teamwork each day.

Over 73 Years of Experience
Nine Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America®
Ranked by Best Lawyers as a Best Law Firm®
Six Attorneys Named as Super Lawyers
One Attorney is a Fellow at the American College of Trial Lawyers

Accessibility Toolbar